The Central Weekend to celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee takes place from Saturday 2 June to Tuesday 5 June 2012.
Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Itinerary
Saturday June 2nd
The Queen spends the day at Epsom Derby.
Sunday June 3rd
The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh travel in the Royal Barge which is the centrepiece of a 1,000 boats flotilla.
Monday June 4th
BBC Concert at Buckingham Palace: Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace broadcasted by the BBC.
The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Beacons: A network of Beacons from throughout the UK and the Commonwealth with The Queen lighting a National Beacon at approximately 10:30 in the evening.
Tuesday June 5th
Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral and a formal carriage Procession by The Queen.
Cherington and Stourton Diamond Jubilee Itinerary
A 2nd meeting to discuss how Cherington and Stourton will celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is to be held on Tuesday 28th February in the Village Hall at 7:30
Current ideas are;
- All children in the villages to receive a Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Coin.
- Children to design a logo to be used on a Commemorative Mug.
- A small Church service to be held on the morning of Tuesday 4th June with Bell Ringing.
- 50’s themed village get together.
- A marquee in the gardens of either Tachbrook House, The Show Ground or the Cherington Arms.
- Sit down communal lunch on one long table with cold meats provided by the Diamond Jubilee committee and salad, bread rolls etc. provided by the village residents (bring your own drink, cutlery, crockery etc.)
- Entertainment provided by the Cherington Players (music hall style sing-along), children’s games throughout the day, possible a barrel race or tug of war for adults
- Village Queen (11 – 16) to be selected via a drawing of lots prior to the day, 2 attendants (2 – 11) also selected by drawing of lots.
- Procession to top of Cherington Hill to see the lighting of the Beacon at approx 10:15
Furthern information to come after the 2nd meeting on the 28th February.