Monday 4th June 2012 – Cherington Church 12 noon Tachbrook Field 1 pm
12 noon – Jubilee Service, bell ringing and parade of the Jubilee Queen
1 pm – Toast to the Queen followed by Jubilee Lunch with pay bar provided by the Cherington Arms.
3 pm – Diamond Jubilee performance by the Cherington Players and sing along (past and present).
4 pm – Presentation of Jubilee mementos to all children of Cherington and Stourton by the Jubilee Queen.
Adult and children’s games, cutting of Jubilee cake, tea and coffee
7 pm – Closure of party at Tachbrook Field
9.30 pm – Gather on top of Cherington Hill for the national lighting of the Jubilee Beacon
Cherington Stourton Jubilee Lunch and Tea Menu
Lunch menu to be served in main marquee at 1 pm
Cold Beef, Ham and Pork Sausages
Hard Boiled Eggs and Cheese
Vegetarian Quiches, Green Salad, Potato Salad and Cherry Tomatoes
Bread and Butter
Ice Creams for Children
Jubilee Celebration Cake, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks
Please bring your own cutlery, dinner plates and dessert bowls. No glasses please, plastic wine and bear glasses will be provided
The Cherington Arms will provide a pay bar for bottles of red and white wine, Hooky beer and soft drinks.
- 50′s or Red, White & Blue themed fancy dress and village get together.
- A marquee in the gardens of Tachbrook House
- Sit down communal lunch on one long table with cold meats provided by the Diamond Jubilee committee and salad, bread rolls etc. provided by the village residents (bring your own drink, cutlery, crockery etc.)
- Entertainment provided by the Cherington Players (music hall style sing-along), children’s games throughout the day, children’s tea party and children’s commemorative cup design competition
- Village Queen (11 – 16) to be selected via a drawing of lots prior to the day, 2 attendants (2 – 11) also selected by drawing of lots.
- Procession to top of Cherington Hill to see the lighting of the Beacon at approx 10:15
Timings and further information coming soon.